Friday, August 27, 2010

A cookie cake and laundry.

I was pretty sure today would be uneventful and then I remembered my brother and his family were coming over to celebrate my sister in-law's birthday. I spent most of the morning building lego monuments with the boys then Jadzia and I had a tea party for lunch. Afternoon arrived and along with that came the laundry. This was the first load pretty much folded with three more to go. I often find it amazing how quickly laundry piles up. I've simply accepted my fate as far as laundry is concerned and the fact it will be never ending. At night you do the entire load, by late morning the following day the basket is full. If you let it go for a day it's a mess and for two days the floor of the laundry room is now carpeted with clothes along side the towering basket. Times like these I miss my dear Aunt Becky who has a love for the chore of laundry. When she came for a visit she did all my laundry and enjoyed every minute of it. That was the moment I strongly considered asking Isaac to pay her moving expenses to relocate to our neighborhood. The only problem is there is laundry in Colorado so the promise of lots of it would not be enough to lure her here.
By late afternoon I realized I had finished all my school for the week last night and I actually had a little free time. Shortly after the kids got up from their naps My brother and his family arrived. They brought a frosted cookie cake with fish on it. Landon insisted he needed one of the fish on his piece of cake. When I reminded him it was not his birthday he made sure to remind me his goldfish had died a couple of weeks ago and he needed something to remember him by. This is Alana serving her own cake.
And yes Landon got a piece with a fish on it.
After supper Jadzia and Hannah played babies and wanted to borrow Ronan and Inara. I mean how many girls get real babies to play with? The boys pretended they were super heroes who had to wear sunglasses to protect their eyes from the blasters they made out of legos to get the beast they were hunting. I was told by a friend that they did a study where they took all toys that resembled a weapon away from boys and 9 times out of ten they would find other objects to pretend were weapons. My boys object of choice is legos. They have no toy weapons but they build elaborate machine guns and lasers.

Well it's off to bed for me and it's not even midnight yet!
Tomorrow is a big event for our family. The 2010 Buddy Walk! So that's all for now.

Xander and Caleb: Monster fighting is serious business but they got it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment