Sunday, August 29, 2010

School on the horizon of an easy day.

There wasn't much excitement today which was ok after the long day we had yesterday. I was wondering when I started this blog what I would do on the days nothing really happened and I figured I could at least take pictures of the kids and talk about them a little. My parents did take the two big boys for awhile so Jadzia and I got a nap in together.
She also carried her frog around everywhere and even included him in meals. She carried little froggy around for awhile too but he kept getting lost so she finally left him behind. She also made a cute tambourine type thing in Sunday school. She kept hitting it against her hand and singing.
Also Ronan is 15 months today! He's becoming such a big boy. He's learned to sign "more" and "all done". We decided to try the sign language approach to his hearing loss because we still don't know if he will completely lose his hearing causing his hearing aides to be useless.

Also Inara is 11 weeks. I do a little photo op with her every week to compare how she changes.
I think once she turns 12 weeks I'll change it to every month. I wish I had done weekly pictures this diligently with my other kids. But no one can ever say any of my kids are lacking in photographs. I love photos and how they capture moments in time and help hold onto memories that would otherwise be lost or dwindled. I'm known for taking pictures in odd places of odd moments. I like to capture both good and bad moments and look back and remember how far we've come from the bad and are better for it. Good moments are obvious just to remember them and for sentimental reasons. I see photography as a way to freeze time and to breathe in moments gone over and over again.

I'm so excited because Isaac is buying me a new, really nice camera. It can take pictures that you can enlarge to 16x24 and still have them be perfectly clear and beautiful. This camera will actually be pretty small which will be great since I've been having to use our huge video camera since my last digital camera broke a couple of months ago. I was crushed when it happened and Isaac told me when September came he'd buy me a new, better one. I didn't know how I'd make it without a camera and then he reminded me our old video camera takes pictures as well and I could use that until we could get the new digital. The video camera works great just very bulky and hard to take certain places.
.

Tomorrow I start homeschooling my boys for the first time ever. I've always taught them things at home but never formally. I have lesson plans written out for the next two weeks. I have everything ready to go. I plan on writing more lesson plans tonight and working on them every Sunday night. Landon will start kindergarten and Xander 4 year old preschool. Landon said he can tell people he's in the 5th grade. I said no you'll be in kindergarten. He said "mom, you said I was in K5."

I'm going to work with Jadzia a little each day mostly on her speech but her's won't be quite as formal. I will still of course work on Ronan's exercises and Inara's time will mainly consist of tummy time and progress from there. So all and all I guess they will all learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment