Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Attack of the Lego Robots

Tonight was the start of my Biology class and this meant another night of not getting to tuck the kids in. For this reason I wanted to spend extra time with all of them today. Jadzia had one game she wanted to play and that was pirates. She begged the boys to play pirates with her and even showed them her ship which was compiled of a laundry basket, blanket and pillow.The boys didn't see the fun in pirates because they had built an army of robots out of lego blocks. I even tried to get them to arrive at a compromise and play Robot pirates but both sides of the negotiations thought that was a lame idea.
Ronan and I left for his appointment with his surgeon. This surgeon is the one who put Ronan's esophagus back together when Ronan was a day old. He wants to follow-up with Ronan long term because the defect Ronan had is rare and the specific issue Ronan had with it is even rarer.We talked about feeding issues and about how Ronan still can't eat real solid foods. He told me until Ronan can learn to chew his food extremely small that he would have to stay on the soft foods. He also wants him to see his GI doctor again because of other stomach issues that Ronan has going on.Back at home the lego robot war continued to rage and Jadzia had softened her rough pirate play to a gentle camping trip in which the basket was now her tent. Since my goal was extra time with the kids today when they went down for a nap I stayed in their room a little longer than usual and told them stories.In the evening I made it to my Biology class. I loved every minute of it. I have always had a love for Biology and anatomy and why I haven't gone into a science or medical field sooner I don't know. I do have a medical transcription certificate but that's a whole other story. The teacher was funny and he made the topics fun. I grasped all the concepts quickly and I'm very grateful I get to take this class in a classroom and not over the internet.

I now have to do my grocery shopping which I know is at odd hours but I have to do it when I have time so I'm off to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment