Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pictionary Champions

I had high hopes that the kids would sleep in this morning. But they were up bright and early at their normally scheduled time. The morning passed quickly. Isaac designed and built a work bench out in the garage and completed the entire thing in about an hour. He only has to add a extra layer to enforce the top. His building skills never cease to amaze me. For lunch we left for my brother's house for their New Years get together. For the afternoon we played Apples for Apples. The kids put on a puppet show for us and Jadzia and my niece Hannah put a big alphabet train puzzle together. Note Jadzia has the W. As soon as she saw it was an alphabet puzzle she tossed all the pieces around until she found the W.Isaac once again put his skills to good use when the light/fan above my sister in-law's stove fell. He ran home and got his tools. He secured the fan back in place and lunch was prepared without any more obstacles. I'm very grateful for my handy man. He can fix or build just about anything.
With the fun of game playing time flew by and before we knew it dinner time had arrived. We had pizza and then it came time for the Pictionary championship. We have couple against couple and Isaac and I always win. This time it wasn't looking too good for us. Isaac and I got stuck on a difficult category and my brother and his wife left us in the dust. Slowly we edged to catch up and finally we were neck and neck. The next team to guess correctly would win. The winning space was an all play so this left it open for my brother and his wife to guess my drawing before Isaac could.I had to draw blonde. I drew a cheer leader with an arrow pointing to her hair. My brother said "What does hair have to do with cheerleader?" And with that Isaac shouted "Blonde!". We won! We are still the reigning Pictionary champions.Speaking of champions today is January 1st. The day I had to complete the challenge. Should we have a drum roll........ My husband officially said I get my surprise!!!! Yeah! I will be unexpectedly surprised around the beginning of February. I have worked extremely hard and only had a couple of hard points where I fell a bit behind but the illness clause made me exempt for those time periods. After all this I get the point of this entire exercise. This was my husband's attempt to help me better myself and he did so not by criticizing but by making the entire thing fun and giving me praise. I'm thankful for the wonderful man he is. Even if he is a little ornery

No comments:

Post a Comment