Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Day For Xander

Every once in awhile Isaac and I try to give each of our kids a day out with just them and us. Today Xander had a Dermatology appointment and it was also my mom's day off. She said she would watch the other kids so Isaac and both took Xander to his appointment.

Xander has the same Dermatologist as Ronan and she immediately asked me where Ronan was and how he was doing. She looked over Xander's dry skin and gave us prescription. It turns out they don't do allergy testing like our pediatrician had thought. Now Xander will be going to the allergist which is where he probably should have been sent in the first place. I was wondering about that and his pediatrician had said the Dermatologist will test the allergies and take care of the skin issues that go with it. It sounded good at the time so I didn't argue.

After we were done getting Xander's skin checked we headed to the mall and got Chick-fil-a. Xander was excited to get a book in his kid's meal. He was also thrilled he got to drink lemonade (which he later shared with Landon) and sit at the small kid's table. He had an option of trading his book in for a bowl of ice cream but seeing as it was a tough choice I told him to keep the book and he could have ice cream at home. He readily agreed.
We arrived home and I kept my promise and Xander got his ice cream. Jadzia and Landon were glad to also be included in the ice cream fun. I got a phone call later on from Xander's doctor to let me know they would contact me by the end of the week with an appointment time.

Speaking of ice cream, Isaac and I are in for an ice cream movie date tonight. That's one thing we've learned. We can't always go out but the biggest picture is having time together each week even if it just watching a movie here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment