Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Doctor Clearance

Ronan had therapy first thing this morning. He seemed to be doing better and he had an uneventful night so I decided to take him. Since he had missed OT yesterday his OT and PT did a joint session with him. The big focus was on having him walk with a push toy and reaching while standing.
After therapy I made a quick run home to feed Inara and we headed back out to Ronan's pre-surgery check. His lungs sounded clear so his doctor gave the ok for surgery. While I was there His doctor talked to me about Xander. She said it is a rarity to find staph in a person's stool. For this reason she is seeking the advice of a microbiologist. She said she would let me know if there was anything we needed to know. She also said if Xander's stools aren't better in three weeks she'd send him to the GI doctor. Seeing as this is a chronic problem that he's had since he was one they probably won't be fixed in three weeks.Their doctor also is going to arrange Ronan's new sleep study so that he can get into the feeding clinic and they should be calling me with a date and time for that. I'm sure they'll probably wait for a few weeks after his surgery to ensure he's recovered first.
On the way home I picked up a quick lunch for the kids. After lunch Isaac decided to take the boys out for a little father son time and to also have the boys help him with a photography assignment. Jadzia was a bit distraught not to be included so Isaac made her the promise of a daddy/daughter date in the near future. She has already made a few suggestions as to where she thinks they should go.Now I got to get caught up in school so I guess that's all there is for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment