Sunday, January 2, 2011

Shoe Laces

I was rushing around trying to get the kids ready for church this morning and had Landon trailing behind me. In frustration he clutched his shoes "Mommy! Help me tie my shoes!". "I can't right now Landon. I have to get Jadzia socks give me just a minute." In near tears he sat down and his shoes plopped to the floor. I paused and sat down in front of him. "Ok Buddy, let's get this shoe tying thing down." I slowly tied the first one giving instructions as I went. He watched intently. For the next one I let him do it but gave him pointers as he went and the occasional help. Then I untied one of the shoe laces and told him to try by himself. And he did it! He tied his shoe completely on his own for the very first time.
I gave him a double high five and we both did a little dance around the kitchen. I gave him a big hug and then showed him how to double tie. He did a great job too because they stayed tied all through church.The boys are in Patch club and today they received a certificate for attendance and a candy prize for saying their verses. Jadzia got candy for saying her verses but she's too young for Patch club so she didn't get a certificate. The boys are going to get pins but they haven't arrived yet. Once they earn their first pin they will get their sailor hats which should be as soon as the pins arrive in the mail.I'm not sure why other than I suppose it was fun but this morning Ronan was body surfing with the kitchen stool as his surfboard.
And here are Inara's weekly photos. She is so close to crawling off belly. Of course I always say that and then it ends up being a few weeks but either way all too quickly we'll have an Inara fully on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment