Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3:00 am Early


3:00 am arrived all to early this morning. I woke a reluctant Ronan and proceeded for the next four hours to attempt to keep him awake. He fussed and screamed and made mommy feel completely bad about the whole ordeal. On the way to the hospital every time we came to a stop I would tickle his feet and he would fume. Thankfully the hospital is less than five minutes from our house so we arrived with Ronan still awake. They got us back pretty quick and the technician had me lay down with him on a bed and turned out the lights. He fell asleep immediately and the tech went to work placing probes in various locations around his head. Then we waited. The test was two hours and required Ronan to just lay there and I had to stay next to him. I dozed as well so the test went by pretty quickly.

Once we got home I loaded the girls and we headed to the chiropractor. Xander left with my dad for his special grandpa day. I mentioned to the chiropractor that I believed Inara was starting to develop torticollis. He checked her and showed me the exact direction of her neck preference and it was exactly the way I had guessed. Fortunately it's just starting so he thinks she'll respond quickly to treatment without long term effects.

Landon had had severe torticollis when he was a baby. We were new parents and we thought it was funny he always looked to the right and also how his head would bounce back like it was spring loaded. It wasn't until one of his check-ups that his pediatrician made us aware of the problem. To this day Landon's head still looks flat on the right side because we had caught it too late. That experience made me very aware of the symptoms.

After the chiropractor I headed over to this gym. I had won a free membership from the bebe palooza so it kind of made the whole event worth it after all. They gave me a tour. I was excited because they have pilates classes included in the membership. They also have a unique feature of a full size movie screen in this room and you can work on cardio while you watch a movie on this giant screen. Now the only issue will be mommy finding time to slip away. They do however have a licensed daycare included in the membership. Maxium capacity is 20 children so my kids would put them at one-fourth capacity. I was supposed to pick up Ronan's new ear molds today but for some unknown reason they didn't arrive and the appointment was canceled.

Afternoon brought with it the blessing of nap time. As soon as the kids were down I crashed. The kids napped well today and I woke up feeling refreshed. We relaxed for the rest of the evening and I got caught up on laundry. Tomorrow is Ronan's therapy day. I think I might get to sneak in a workout at the gym before I head home. We'll have to see how it goes.
Jadzia built this today. I thought she did a great job.

Isaac brought this onesie home today for Inara. I thought it was interesting that I had talked about this verse the other day. He brought it home because he knew I loved that passage. He said it was a toss up between this one and another one that said "My crying may be annoying to you but to God it is a joyful noise".
The verse is Psalms 127:3 Lo, Children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Inara has certainly been a beautiful reward as are all my other babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment