Monday, September 6, 2010

Lonely Socks.



Most of us have faced the adversary of a sock eating dryer. I am completely convinced that as soon as I shut my dryer door a black hole opens up and pulls socks into it's event horizon. The dryer is prejudice it chooses only one sock from each pair in order to leave me flustered with the fact I no longer have any pairs of socks. One way to fix this problem is to buy all your socks exactly the same in hopes that when the dryer devours the first set of socks the ones left behind will still match each other. I have not learned this lesson yet and this is why I have this bag.
This is a collection of single socks I have compiled over the course of many years. I have poured my time and frustration into this bag. I have a strong desire to somehow find all the missing socks and one day bring them back from wherever they have been banished to. Instead of just getting rid of all the single socks I put them in this bag. Even though all the laundry is done and put away and I've poured through this bag many times with no success, I have still kept all these useless socks. I guess I was just hoping they would magically reappear.

But it was recently brought to my attention by Isaac (my husband) that I am a children's clothes hoarder. I have a problem because my favorite thing to shop for is clothes for my children. If I was offered a gift certificate to any store I would choose carters, baby Gap, children's place, or Gymboree without a second thought. What can I say I love dressing my children in great clothes it gives me a sort of high. Therefor in an effort to please my husband I have gone through all their clothes and after the sixth trash bag of extra clothes for Goodwill I have come to the conclusion he was correct.

In the spirit of clothes cleansing I have decided to let go of my extra socks. I believe in recycling so our project of the day was to make sock puppets and the kids put on a show for me.


They plan to rehearse a few times and then preform for Daddy, Grandma , Grandpa and my brother's family. I'm not sure how soon this will be because there was some disagreement over whether the hero should be a princess, gorilla or giant robot so they're still kind of working out the details.

Not much else happened today. It was baby bath night. Not an uncommon event but I took some cute pictures.
All on it's own Ronan's hair makes a little Mohawk every time he gets a bath.

After that I put the babies on the floor to play and Ronan always has to go love his baby sister.

Then Xander came and joined and got a kiss from Ronan.
Then they all kind of ended up on the floor being all loving. No, it is not always a loving Utopia like this but it's moments like these I really love having them so close in age. They never remember a time without each other.All and all I really enjoyed today. No appointments, thanks to Labor day and we enjoyed just being a family. Since most schools had today off I also gave Landon the day off kindergarten and I'm glad because it was nice to just do nothing today. Tomorrow another busy week starts full of appointments. My hope is it will slow down soon but winter is on its way in a few months and that seems to be when things get crazy but I guess for now I just need to enjoy the ease of fall and let the morrow take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment