Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tiny artists




















Saturday morning a day to set academics aside and just enjoy being kids. This was the first after school week Saturday morning Landon ever experienced. I remember as a kid we were allowed to get up whenever we wanted and could sit with a bowl of cereal in front of the tv. We didn't goes as far as cereal eating in front of the TV but we did paint canvases. Also Jadzia got a tinkerbell cake last night when we went to order her big cake. Well it's not Tinkerbell I don't know this fairy's name but she picked out her drink to match.
I know I am bias but I thought their paintings were beautiful.They each showed their creativity and individuality in each painting. Jadzia said she painted a bunny. After she had gone down for her nap her daddy said "yeah, a bunny after it's been shot." But I think if you look closely you can see a bunny besides maybe she'll be an abstract artist or something.Xander spent a long time on his carefull placing each blotch of paint. He said "What do you call a big land that is surrounded by water." My mom said "You mean a continent?" "Yes, This will be called "Continent"." He said it as though he was naming a masterpiece that would hang in the Smithsonian one day.
Landon made his for a very special reason. His Grandma Fullmer's birthday is on Tuesday and he wanted to make his for her so she could see how much he loves her. He started by making a cross then accidentally splattered a big blob of blue on one side so then it went from realist to more abstract.
I dug all the baby toys out and seperated them from the big kid's toys. I discovered a mirror that had been missing since Ronan was really small and I thought Inara would enjoy tummy time more with it and I was right. She talked to herself for over a half an hour without the usual grumbles. I'm realizing her problem now isn't that she hates tummy time but that she's very social. She also tried reaching for the little toys on the bottom and smiling at the lion face.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty easy with naps. I got the rest of the laundry caught up from the overload that had resulted from the dryer being broken for nearly a week. Then in the evening we just kind of enjoyed watching tv as a family and we also framed the kid's pictures. We're going to put all but Landon's up in their bedroom since Landon's is making a special trip to Marengo. The next painting he does will have a spot waiting on one of his bedroom walls.Here's another picture I took of Jadzia today playing with her ponies I thought it was cute that she was ling them all up.

Isaac and I now get a date night!!! So until tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment