Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Surprise after a stressful day.


Last night was pretty bad. Ronan had a severe blue episode. He was making a funny noise so I looked over at him and he had his head jerked back, gasping for air and was blue. I quickly sat him up and rubbed his back which was the usual apnea first response I'd done with him many times before. It took a little while for him to wake up so I called 911. I am now concerned about our 911 system here. I had to call three times before someone picked up. I kept double checking to make sure I was dialing the right number. Then the minute the lady picks up she says 911 putting you on hold. Finally they took my call and I was able to explain what was going on.

By the time we got to the hospital Ronan was stable and happy again. The ER doctor is suspicious that Ronan's apnea episodes have actually been seizures this whole time. He sent us home with a paper to take to Ronan's pediatrician to get a neurology referral. We made it home by 3:30 am and Ronan cried and wheezed the rest of the night. We made it back up to the hospital at 9:30 and they removed his tube in a simple two second procedure. Watching how quickly the tube was removed I'm very grateful for the arm braces. We even got to keep the arm braces. They told us we'd receive the results in about a week. I went home to spend some time with the rest of the bunch and squeeze in Landon's school.

A couple of hours later Ronan and I took off for his 15 month shots. We had to get them done at public health because the fridge has been broken at his peds office. While waiting for his shots I put in a call to his pediatrician who after hearing of the events of last night wanted to see him immediately. He was a champ for his shots and only cried a little for his third one. We then took off for his doctor's office. Ronan's wheeze was very loud by this point. After listening to him close she determined his voice box was swollen from the endoscopy and told me to start his steroids. She is also going to call me with a neurology appointment.

While in the office we got a call from our chiropractor who'd missed us ( I hadn't been in since two days before I had Inara). He asked if we wanted an impromptu visit. We agreed and got our adjustments in. I got home in time to start supper and I spent the rest of the evening with the rest of my babies who I feel I've barely seen this week. Isaac went out and surprised me with my long awaited camera. It is so tiny and I was thrilled. It was a great surprise after a stressful week.

Since the rest of the kids are in bed I tried out my camera on the ever alert Inara.

No comments:

Post a Comment