Thursday, September 23, 2010

Boys in the News




Today marks a month since I started this blog. This leaves me a mere 11 months to go but I have kept it up this far and haven't missed a day. I have quite honestly surprised myself. I'm known to start projects and then leave them unfinished. I have started writing dozens of books only to lose interest with the subject or hit writers block and off I go onto the next big thing. I am however reminding myself we are only a month into this thing and I could still clearly depart with this quest but I'm already enjoying looking back at what we've done each day. I know I will cherish this blog if I can just keep plowing ahead.

Now onto the days events. Nothing much exciting took place. We organized clothes in the morning and Xander and Jadzia were huge helpers. They brought me hangers and put clothes away. We built a fort out of blankets and stuffed animals and Xander carpeted the entire living room with different types of pillows. I finally got a call from Ronan's audiologist they were booked with appointments until late October which would be basically be pointless for the new ear molds and also another month of his hearing aides falling out constantly. They found us an appointment with her assistant for tomorrow and I was grateful.

After afternoon naps we turned on the television waiting for the Gigi's news story to air. We had been told it would be on at 5, 6 or 10 and no one knew which. During the 5 o'clock news they showed a preview that it would be on at 6:00. Right as the 6 :00 news began the weather got bad and caused the satellite to lose its signal. I was starting to get disappointed when it turned back on just as the story was airing. Ronan was on there for about three seconds and even Xander made the ending clip. I will post the link as soon as it becomes available online. I was hoping it would already be posted so I could put it in this blog but so far no luck. The funny part was as soon as the story was over the satellite went out again. It was as though it worked just so we wouldn't miss the story.

Isaac was gracious enough to watch the kids so I could go shopping with my mama. We both got our weekly groceries and also took our time looking around the store. Yes, it was Wal-Mart but I don't get out much so I enjoyed myself. It poured rain and we were soaked going back to our car but we made it back in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment