Saturday, August 13, 2011

Duet Practice

Today starts the ten down blog countdown to the blog challenge being complete. In ten days I will have met the challenge I set for myself a year ago and will have made 365 blog posts in 365 days.

Today Inara is 14 months. Her second year seems to be flying by quicker than her first and her first went by way too fast for me. She is my baby but more and more everyday she is losing baby traits and is starting towards being a little girl. She talks pretty well for her age and does everyday tasks, like eating, independently. I'm debating potty training. She tells me when she is poopy and hates it. I'm thinking maybe at 18 months we'll just experiment without any pressure. I'll just show her the option and she can take it or leave it.Speaking of potty training there is a huge debate in my mind as to when I should even think about potty training Ronan. I remember telling one of Ronan's therapist that I planned on attempting potty training when he was two and a half. She looked at me as though I told her I had elephants living in the attic. I then was retold about low muscle tone and other factors I was well aware of. I've come to realize that if I never let Ronan try because of the expectation of the experts that he would be spending most his life limited in his potential.

I've decided I'm going to give him the chance to be potty trained with his sister. If he is not it will not bother me. But I long ago decided I would let Ronan have a chance to show me what he can accomplish and I'm not going to stop that now at potty training. But we are still 4-6 months away from my attempt so I have time to do some research.

Tonight my brother and his family came over. We had pizza and cookies. Now we're chatting and singing. Xander and Landon are preparing to do their first church duet. You can hear Xander sing half the song on Facebook. I posted a video of him singing the first verse and the chorus. Landon knows the entire song really well and we decided they would sing it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment