Friday, August 12, 2011

Swimmer's Ear

Jadzia got her bedtime wish. The boys came home today because Landon woke up with a bad ear ache. My in-laws brought them back so I could get Landon's ears checked out. They arrived in time for lunch and we talked for a little while.

The four youngest went down for nap and Landon went to the doctor. He enjoyed answering all the doctor's simple question with drawn out stories. Not even "Where do your ears hurt?" was a precise answer. The diagnosis was a case of swimmer's ear from all the splashing fun at Grandma's. He has to take ear drops for five days and avoid immersing his head in water for a couple of weeks.

We were going to go to the new arcade afterwards but some last minute time constraints forced me to call a rain check. Landon took it well and didn't complain. he told me he knew I would take him some time and I will in the near future.

Jadzia is a happy girl now that she has her boys back. I envision bedtime should go smoother tonight than the past week. After always sharing a room with her brothers she finds the dark more scary without them near.



No comments:

Post a Comment