Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gear War

We are down to a week on the blog challenge. Ronan was having a grumpy day at therapy. I was watching Jadzia's speech therapy from the observation hallway while Ronan was down the hall giving his speech therapist fits.

He has a sixth sense about who does not know how to put his glasses and hearing aides on. When he is around someone without Ronan gear expertise he constantly takes them off. He does this to my mother every time she watches him. My mom is trying to learn the technique but with Ronan it takes unique maneuvers to get them back on his wiggly self.

He played the gear game with his speech therapist and she just couldn't get him to leave them alone. When I came back in the room I got them back on within ten seconds. His therapists have now dubbed me the glasses and hearing aids ninja. I only earned this title after hours of endless struggle between two strong willed people going head to head. In the end I won and while Ronan still picks gear battles with me I've conquered the gear replacement technique and I think this means I won the war.

Ronan's PT session was the final session and it was cut short. I think he was grumpy that I made him wear his gear after he thought he had succeeded in its demise. The session came to an abrupt halt when he broke into a tantrum and then fell asleep in the middle of the gym floor. All the battling had exhausted him.

Jadzia has been losing her voice and this afternoon she was grabbing her throat and saying it hurt. I took her in and she has strep throat. I also took Landon along because he would be walking and then hunch over saying his tummy hurt. The doctor had him jump up and down and since he was able to do that so they determined he was fine. The doctor told me just to keep an eye on him.


No comments:

Post a Comment