Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cleaning out Winter

My mother in-law came to visit for the day while Isaac and his dad went to an auction. I had a report due and started working on that. During that time my mother in-law took the big three up to their room to clean what had become a disaster area. They had decided to pull clothes and blankets out of their closet and disperse them throughout their room. They had also pulled stuffing out of a poor stuffed animal and it was flung in various hard to reach places in the room.
By the time my report was complete they had organized most of the chaos. I helped with the finishing touches and vacuumed. Their room looked great and now they have been warned they must keep it nice until Easter or they don't get to embark to Grandma's. We felt pretty accomplished starring at the kids' clean room that my mother in-law suggested we tackle the porch.

The porch has been looming in my mind for quite sometime. The porch was quickly becoming a hoarder's hay day and had every unwanted item piled into massive disarray. The entire scene was overwhelming and I had no clue where to start. Thanks to the motivation of my mother in-law we took it one step at a time. We sorted clothes to keep and clothes to donate. We collected all the toys and put them in the donate pile from there we organized and cleaned until it was done. I did a quick sweep then vacuum and the porch has more room than I remembered. I'm very excited that the one project I was dreading is out of the way.Because the kids were such big helpers Grandma gave them each two dollars for their bank and jar. As a bonus she and Grandpa Fullmer took everyone out to icecream. I feel this day has been one of my most productive in awhile. I think having my Mother in-law come down was just what I needed. I also appreciate my mom's help watching the babies. I'm blessed to have family that helps.

We are planning on a big cleaning day the day before Easter. We are going to attempt to organize the basement and garage and other problematic areas. Spring is here and it's time to rid the house of winter clutter.Xander and Ronan are best friends. Always have been. A short time after Ronan came home from the NICU I caught Xander leaning over Ronan's bassinet. His words were priceless. He said "Ronan you don't have to be afraid about any bad guys or monsters or ghostes because I'm your big brother and I'm going to chase all those things away for ya." When Ronan is sad Xander will put on a little show to make him smile. And the two of them can laugh together over seemingly nothing. And as Xander promised to Ronan you better watch out if you hurt his little brother because he has Ronan's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment