Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's Like Pulling Teeth.

Landon's loose tooth from yesterday is no longer loose. It is sitting in a ziploc bag under his pillow patiently awaiting tooth fairy pick-up. His bedroom door is left open since Landon is pretty sure the tooth fairy can't manage his door due to tiny hands. Leading up to his tooth falling out Landon tried just about everything to pull his tooth out. He relentlessly wiggled it. He ate hard candy and tried to convince me that he needed to eat candy all day until it fell out. "I don't really want to eat all the candy but I need to. I need a visit from the tooth fairy tonight." After candy extraction was over ruled by mommy he spent a good 20-30 minutes biting on a wet wash cloth.
I was in the kitchen making lunch when Xander walked in. I glanced at him and said "Go tell Landon it's lunch time." "He's unable to come to lunch today?" I looked at Xander puzzled by his unusual response "Why not?" "He's upstairs jumping on the bed and wiggling his tooth at the same time. He thought maybe his finger would slip and push his tooth all the way out."The bed jumping was unsuccessful and after lunch it was nap time. My dad had told Landon about the old method of tying a string around his tooth and slamming a door. About an hour into their nap I heard the thud of the door and yelling. "Landon's tooth came out!" "My tooth is out!" I went running up stairs. "How'd you do it?" I had Xander slam the door while I pulled my tooth with my fingers." I looked puzzled for the second time today "Did you tie a string?" "We didn't have a string so I just pulled with my fingers and the force of the door hitting my tooth was all I needed." I smiled at the silliness of his reasoning but nonetheless he'd accomplished his goal because there in his hand was his prize. His first lost baby tooth.Now what is the going rate for a first tooth now a days? I've been told due to the economy it's about $2 which was what our tooth fairy had said he thought was a fair deal but Grandpa and grandma added in a stimulus package and brought the total to five dollars. The only question is can we sneak the money in without little eyes seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment