Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pouty Part

That's Landon's pouty face. No, he is not having a meltdown or temper tantrum. He is simply practicing for the Easter play at church. That's right he landed the part of the character titled the "grumpy kid". Apparently he gave the best grumpy face out of all the kids. I suppose he's already had a lot of practice in that department. I was told not only was his grumpy face stunningly impressive but his ability to mad lib his lines appropriately was both funny and desirable.I realized what they meant when I heard Landon practice three times in a row. I said the parts in front of him and then he would say his lines. Each time he said something different but it fit exactly along the lines of what he was supposed to say. When the day of the play arrives we just might get a five minute speech on the frustrations of dropping crayons. But it will be cute and I think that's what they are going for. He has about four lines and we'll just have to see how it goes.
Xander has a non speaking part. He is going to help pick Landon up from the ground when he falls. All three of the big kids will be singing in the play and both sets of grandparents will be there to watch. I think we'll have a really great family Easter.
I didn't get a picture which is odd since I usually get a picture of everything but today Landon took birthday cupcakes to his Sunday school class. The kids were excited to have an extra treat and everyone sang happy birthday to Landon.
Inara is nine months old today. I went over a little of what she is doing yesterday. In review she is pulling to stand on things with low height. She is crawling on hands and knees and can stand by only holding on with one hand. Much to Isaac's excitement she said "Dada" today. She had been babbling dada for awhile but today I was sitting on the couch with Isaac and I had Inara in my lap. I pointed to her and said "Inara" then myself and said "Mama" then to Isaac and said "Dada". About the fifth time repeating this Inara pointed at Isaac and said "Dada". He has been trying for weeks to get her to say Dada and all she ever said to him was Mama.

Ronan is pretty proud of himself. He has become so used to me clapping when he takes steps that he has started to applaud himself. He'll stand up take steps and then get a huge grin and begin clapping. He will then lose balance and begin clapping while sitting on the ground. He knows how great he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment