Friday, March 18, 2011

Table Comedian

Isaac and I are going on a date so this blog may be greatly condensed or I'll have to finish when we get back. I should start by saying today Isaac has once again proven how gullible I am when it comes to what he says to me. He bought us a new kitchen table last night from an estate sale. He only paid $20 for it and it was real wood and solid.He told me it was so cheap because the couple who owned it had died in a gas leak and their dog died on top of the table. He told me the dog was on there for three weeks before he was found. He had me completely convinced this was true and I was really grossed out and unsure if we should keep the table. We had scrubbed it down really well and I had thoroughly sanitized it with bleach but was still unsure. I might add there were a few claw marks on top so it was completely believable an animal had been on the table at one point.After me overly scrubbing this table and mulling it over for the day we were sitting on the couch and he smiled at me. He said " you know a dog didn't really die on that table right?" I should have known because Isaac has a phobia of germs and would not bring a table a dog had stayed dead on for three weeks. He was pretty proud of his joke and I'm sure this will be brought up for years to come.
Besides Isaac's comedic table act the day was pretty uneventful. In the evening we went to my brother's house to celebrate his birthday. We had dinner then cake. Tomorrow is Landon's party and the kids are a buzz with anticipation. I'm off for date night with my ornery husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment