Friday, October 1, 2010

The breaking of a window.


My boys brought October in with a crash. This afternoon the boys went up to there room where there are two rules: you stay on your own bed and you be quiet. They can have a book or small toy but they are to chill for a little while and most of the time they end up taking a much needed nap. Today only about five to ten minutes into quiet/nap time I here their noisy door open and tromping down the stairs. I turn around to see Landon with a stricken look of terror and Xander began to stammer none of which can be good.

"ummm... we wanted to umm... to be robots.." Xander stuttered his way through the sentence as Landon burst into tears "Mom! Xander pushed me into the window and it broke!" I shoot them both a look. Xander continues " we really wanted to you know fight each other as robots." Landon began to wail as I lead the way up the stairs to inspect the damages. Sure enough the right side of the window had about an inch thick hole surrounded by shards of glass that went across more than half the window. I look over Landon's head which has a small goose egg but is intact with no open wounds. I realized how fortunate it is that Isaac had put the large, heavy blanket over the window so none of the glass had hurt Landon. I called Isaac and he came home to fix the window until a new one can be installed. I have been blessed with a handy husband.

After the window incident was put behind us it was time for me to take Jadzia for her annual kidney ultrasound. Remembering last years ultrasound with a kicking and screaming Jadzia I decided to tell her what to expect. I let her feel hair gel and told her they would put something similar on her tummy to look inside and that it would not hurt. She was thrilled with the concept. The nurse had called me a week ago with the time and told me it was where she had her previous ultrasounds done at. I allowed enough time to arrive on time but as soon as we went up to the receptionist she gave us a funny look. She said there weren't anymore ultrasounds scheduled for the day. For a brief moment I wondered if they'd scheduled us at the right hospital. The receptionist was nice enough to call around and found out they had her scheduled at the completely other end of the hospital and seven floors down.

Not only did we have very limited time to arrive promptly but we had to stop at a registration desk first because that was the policy of that wing of the hospital. All the way over to the other wing Jadzia told every passerby "I get a kidney sound!" When we got to the right location I realized why the nurse had thought it was where Jadzia had gotten her other ultrasounds. It was the location she'd had her kidney reflux test done so I'm thinking they saw she'd been there for that and assumed she had gotten her ultrasounds done there as well.

Jadzia was awesome and laid so still she fell asleep. I was spying on the tech's measurements from what I could tell it looked like both kidneys were measuring the same now. This would be great if the right kidney finally caught up. I will know officially on Monday or Tuesday but it looked good. I'm hoping we can finally put the kidney thing behind us because it is the last official health issue for Jadzia. At the end she got a little purple Pegasus for being such a good girl and we headed home.

We ate a quick supper then it was out the door for family night. We went and saw the new owl movie. The kids loved it. Landon kept trying to zap the bad owls with his mind. We got home about an hour ago and put some very tuckered out kids to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment