Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Party


The main event of the day was the great Pumpkin party. This party takes place over a three night period but we had been invited to tonight's event because it was for families who had at least one child with special needs. The event promised a more quiet, low key atmosphere than the rest of the nights. With Ronan being scared of loud noises with his hearing aides in I thought this would be the best option.

The evening finally arrived and I got the kids all decked out in their chosen costumes. Landon and Xander had an argument over which one would be iron man but neither wanted to have the same costume as the other one. I went to the store and discovered there were three different versions of iron man. The selection was then easy. I got Landon the red one and Xander the black War Machine because they matched up with their favorite colors. Jadzia went as a ballerina kitty cat; two of her favorite things united in a common costume.

My mom had gone to a thrift store to get the babies costumes. The only things she found in their sizes were an Ewok and a green dinosaur. They looked pretty cute in them as they do in most everything. We arrived at the great pumpkin party which did turn out great. There were seven different inflatables, 75 carnival games with candy prizes, free coldstone ice cream and balloon animals. There was nothing more a kid could possibly want in a pumpkin party. We spent over two hours and the kids made out with an enormous stash of candy. Landon declared he was going to sell his candy on Ebay so he could purchase a khung Zhu with the earned funds. I explained to him that he couldn't sell his candy on Ebay and he started crying, "But if I eat it all I'll get more cavities! And I really want a Khung Zhu!"

The dentist really left an impact on him not only has he been requesting broccoli but he is now afraid to eat candy. I'm not sure how long this will last. The kids are now snuggled in their beds wore out from pumpkin festivities with dreams of chocolate and lollipops dancing in their heads. As for mom, I have a Development rough draft to write so I can stay ahead on the college workload. Good night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. awww sounds like you guys had a wonderful day! The kids all looked so cute in their costumes what a great picture you got of all of them together!

    ReplyDelete