Monday, October 25, 2010

The Painting of Faces


This is post # 65 meaning I have a mere 300 posts left before I have met my goal. I'm surprised I've accomplished the blog this far and have not missed at least one night but my determination is holding strong. My mother in law contacted me to let me know she had found the rest of Inara's hand me down clothes. I had been desperately searching for Jadzia's old clothes to no avail. We have some things in storage at my in-laws. My in-laws have been generous enough to bring them down for me tomorrow and they are also taking the three big kids back with them for a couple of days. I have no clue what I will do with myself. When two or three of the kids are gone I kind of seem lost and unsure of what to do with myself.

I think this will be good because hopefully I can finally get my extra porch clothes sold and get ahead in school. I have to say thank you to my Mother in-law for not only finding and bringing the clothes down but also washing them for me. This evening I decided we should put the face paint I had bought for Jadzia to more use. I had the big kids look at the face painting booklet and pick out what they wanted. The book gave step by step instructions but I have not been too blessed in the artistic area. Landon was first and he wanted a lion face. He did pretty well and being the oldest he stayed the most still but occasionally he would jump and black paint would smudge in the wrong location. Xander wanted a spiderman face and he kept looking down suddenly so a few of his web marks looked a little disoriented. Jadzia picked these blue, butterfly, fairy eyes. She was pretty wiggly so her's turned out a bit strange but she was thrilled so that's all that mattered. The worse part was removing it all and even at this hour there are still small traces of paint on all of their faces. The boys look like they were in a fight as they both have faded raccoon eyes. Jadzia just looks like she has blue eye shadow on and her's would have been removed better but she kept crying and squirming when I tried to wash her eyes. I figure it'll wear off eventually.

Tomorrow I will have just the two babies and Ronan has a sleep study appointment. I think Isaac and I may have a little date and get a couple of our free Chic Fila sandwiches. I had participated in a promotion awhile back and was given about twenty free sanwich coupons from Chic Fila. We have slowly been using them up and whenever Ronan has a doctor's appointment on that side of town we try to grab lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment