Saturday, October 23, 2010

A mosquito and a party.


I defeated the clutter corner and I now have an organized beautiful school area. I know this will make things much easier when I need to search for an extra pencil or a book we haven't used in awhile. Organization was what the majority of my day consisted of, that and chasing a mosquito around the house. I haven't seen any misquotes for awhile now and then today one randomly made an appearance in the bathroom. I was organizing the bathroom shelves and had Ronan at my feet and he was trying to put a laundry basket over his head.

I watched the mosquito carefully waiting for it to land. I swatted and missed about three times and I think maybe I should practice my mosquito squashing abilities. The mosquito zoomed in and out of my bad aim. Then he landed on Ronan and I yelled rather loudly "Stay away from my child!". It was as though I was deeply offended at the mosquito for even daring to think about biting my son and I know if anyone over the age of two had been home they would have been assured of my lunacy. I shewed it off of Ronan and then smack! I finally got him. It took the mosquito threatening my child for my aim to gain perfect accuracy. I'm hoping this is the end of the mosquitoes for the year.
While my mosquito chasing endeavor was unfolding the three big kids were at my parent's church party. I was given a full report when they got back home. From the kids Landon told me his favorite part was the shooting airplane game. Xander liked the ring toss and pinata and Jadzia was just thrilled her cousin Hannah made it to the party. From my parents I found out Landon was rather pleased with the fact some bigger boys had invited him to sit with them and he had giggled the entire time my dad was talking. Xander did have one outburst. My dad was talking about eyes and Xander yelled "What about the nose?" My mom told him to be quiet and listen and he yelled again "But I want to hear about the nose!"
I got a good report on Jadzia and that she mainly stayed close to Hannah who she considers to be her very best friend. She is constantly bringing up Hannah and things she thinks Hannah would like. Each of the kids brought home a treat bag and a bunch of pinata candy. We have a huge party we are going to tomorrow night and a Gigi's playhouse party on Friday night so there is definitely not going to be a candy shortage any time soon. I've stalked up on extra toothpaste as my mind is brought back to the recent dentist occurrences.

No comments:

Post a Comment