Monday, October 18, 2010

Official Family Sock Sorter


Amongst all the cleaning, laundry and organizing I've been doing lately today I found myself with a minature helper. Ronan designated himself to be my sock sorter. As I was folding laundry he would climb up on the basket look in and then pick up a sock, play with it a little and then place it on the ground and move onto the next sock. He was only partial to the socks though and would push other articles of clothing out of the way in search of a much prized sock. He finally got to the point when he was done with a sock he would hand it to me before choosing another one almost as though he was trying to help me with my folding task.
Today would have been PT day but since Ronan was still sick I had to cancel. Early Access has a rule that if your child or other family member is sick you are obligated to cancel so they do not spread illness to other homes. I'm glad they have this policy because it also helps keep my kids more healthy but it can also be difficult in the winter because it seems like we are constantly canceling then you have the snow days on top of that and it can be weeks between visits. I try to focus on everything they do with him every week so I can work with Ronan between visits.
Inara is starting to have a mommy preference. This may be because I nurse her or it could be because I spend the most time with her but she has begun to cry when someone other than me holds her. I was thinking she is a little young to be doing this but maybe not. You'd think with five kids I'd remember when babies are supposed to do exactly what but I find myself looking at development sites and my other children's baby books to see when they each did something.

Now is the start of my midterms so most of my days are spent studying, cleaning, teaching the kids and spending time with the kids and Isaac so today was uneventful just busy. Speaking of Isaac we're getting ready to watch Hachi a Dog's Tale. We've never seen this movie before but the dog in it is the kind of dog Isaac desperately wants. It is a red Akita and they are pretty pricey so it'll be awhile before we get one but he even has a picture of one as the background for his computer. So that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment