Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Park visit



Today was the first time Inara in her whole four months of life in the outside world had been to a park. The day was beautiful, weather in the 70s and no ominous clouds in sight. My parents came along to help me which made the idea of park day much more feasible. We actually have a park right across the street from our house but have only been there twice in the two years we've lived here. The reason for this is Isaac doesn't trust the park enough for me to take the kids alone. He only wants me to go if I have someone else to go with me. Normally I end up driving to another park if I want to take them alone.

My mom swung with Ronan then Inara on the swings. There are no baby swings at this park but it's not like Inara could have managed those yet anyway. She fell asleep mid swing and that was end of first park day for her. The other kids had fun running around and Xander thought it would be funny for me to get pictures of him coming down the slide with weird looks on his face.

We came home and I got to work on Jadzia's pumpkin. She had changed her mind and wanted an owl instead of a cat. She kept yelling "Hoo, hoo!" The entire time I was carving but I couldn't complain because she was not critiquing my technique.

Lunch time rolled around and then nap followed. I knew I had to keep up the challenge after all I couldn't fail the first day in. Big task today was cleaning out the porch fridge. After today I now realize that all fruit must be put in the inside fridge or it will be forgotten and left for dead in the porch fridge. I took all the shelves and drawers out and scrubbed them. I threw out all the outdated food. I even tackled the freezer and got all the Popsicle sticky up. I always wonder how we always get Popsicle sticky when all Popsicles are completely sealed. The only thing I can figure is it somehow seeps through the paper.

Isaac came down to grab something out in the porch fridge and was very pleased to see the results of my efforts. I'm starting to see a bonus to deep cleaning everyday. A happier husband. I'm lucky enough to have a husband that notices the detail I do. Speaking of my husband it's time for Isaac and I to have our weekly date so off I go. Here's Ronan blowing mommy a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment