Monday, November 15, 2010

Baby Back with Bronchitis

The kids are back a couple of days early because Jadzia's cough was worsening and she needed to see a doctor. Isaac had taken her in to a place in his parent's town but they hadn't really checked her over too well and said it was just a cold. But last night and the night before she started coughing so bad she would throw up so we decided to get a second opinion as the medical community down at my in-laws hasn't had the best reputation. Isaac and his dad dropped the kids off early this afternoon and then went back up to wait for our SUV to be repaired.

I was excited to see Isaac even though it was only for about ten minutes. I had called around to try and get an appointment but all the clinics were booked solid so this left the walk-in clinic as the only option. We sat in the waiting room for two hours. Jadzia was literally climbing the office chairs and I was trying to maintain her boredom with the same three books for the entire two hours. She was attempting to pull a big leaf off of one of the waiting room plants when her name was called. I had already been darting over to put an end to her plant destroying plot and just whisked her up and followed the nurse back.

Turns out she has bronchitis pretty bad and it wasn't just a cold. Next came the pharmacy wait. I was able to get all my weeks groceries, pay for them, load them in my car and come back in the store and the medicines were still not ready. Finally to my relief they were done and we headed home.

For those of you who enjoyed Food Inc I would also recommend you watch Food Matters which can also be watched instantly on Netflix. This one has some of the same stuff but has a lot more on vitamins and how diseases relate to the foods we eat. With all this nutrition talk lately I've found a nutrition clinic locally. I talked to a representative from the clinic today andAfter talking it over with Isaac tomorrow I'll be setting up an appointment for Isaac and I. Basically I want more information on specifically what things we can do to have a better diet and lifestyle for our entire family. I'm glad to have my babies back and they were very excited to find new pajamas in their drawers. Tomorrow is an early eye appointment for Ronan so I think I'm going get the house work done and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment