Thursday, November 11, 2010

Without a Cough

Today I didn't wake up until 10:00 am. Both the babies were still sleeping soundly and I found this odd because normally I don't sleep past 8:00. I was still tired but woke the babies up so they could eat and have fresh diapers. I also noticed my wrist was hurting pretty bad and I assumed I'd slept on it wrong. I got the housework done and then it was time for Isaac to head up to his parent's. My dad had to give our SUV a jump with his car.

Isaac was unsure the SUV would last the hour and a half drive. I still felt pretty tired and since all my work was done and it was nap time for the babies I took a nap too. Plus it helped to take my mind off of Isaac possibly being stranded on the side of the highway. Fortunately he called me about two hours later to let me know he'd gotten there ok. I was very relieved as I made dinner for Ronan. It is very weird only fixing dinner for Ronan and myself.

After dinner I talked to my mom and told her about my wrist hurting and it was getting worse. She suggested I head to the doctor. I told her it was most likely nothing but she thought I should check just in case and with the big kids gone now would a good time for me to have a doctor's visit. I usually don't go because I don't have time and just try to stick everything out.

My mom insisted she wouldn't mind watching the babies so I took off. On the way in my chest started feeling heavy. I'd had a sore throat for the last couple of days and a little annoyance when I took a breath in. I told the doctor about my wrist and then told him how my chest felt a little heavy when I took a breath. He decided to x-ray my wrist and chest. The results on my wrist were that it looked inflamed and he told me to watch it. The chest x-ray however showed I had pneumonia. "But I don't have a cough" I argued. "You don't always have to. You're lungs looked pretty yucky." He prescribed an antibiotic and steroid.

Now I had the answer to why I was so tired today and I learned something new that you can have pneumonia without a cough. Landon has been coughing horribly and with my diagnosis in mind Isaac is taking him to the doctor tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Awww i hope you get well soon, and do okay with the babies without Issacs help. And i hope Landon isn't sick with Pneumonia also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Landon is much better today and didn't even have to go in.

    ReplyDelete