Friday, November 26, 2010

Unwelcomed Visitor.

Duck, Ham and finally turkey. Two days, three meals and three types of meat. Thanks to my dad we got to enjoy more delicious food for dinner tonight. I made the mashed potatoes, and gravy. My mom made the turkey. We even topped the evening off with pumpkin pie which we had yet to partake of at any of the three meals. I enjoyed the traditional meal this time.Last night I saw it scurry passed the couch and behind the kids' toy box. I let out a nearly silent shriek and I realized that we now shared our cozy home with a mouse and possibly the rest of his family . I used to work at Petco and I don't have a problem with white, store mice. They don't bother me. I could hold them, feed them and give them medications. This is far from the case with non domesticated mice. At the first sight of a wild mouse I am up on furniture yelling for Isaac while visions of Hantavirus swirl in my head. The sight of this mouse does explain the random squeaking I've been hearing. I thought I was going a bit crazy because I had begun to ponder if the turtles had adopted more than their little air whistle sound and taken up squeaking. I would follow the squeak to the turtle tank and then it would stop. I now know the mouse was likely in close proximity of the turtle tank and my approach scared it off.

Now we must figure out the right method of mouse removal. A few years back we had a mouse problem and we had those little sticky pads. I was horrified when I checked on the pads there was these two little baby mice squeaking and struggling, stuck to the pad. I'm not sure what I had expected but I have never been good at watching any living thing suffer. I think it is best for me to stay out of the mouse removal decision.

With Thanksgiving behind us I can now think forward to Christmas and maybe sometime soon here we'll get around to putting up and decorating the Christmas tree.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, thats funny! Hope you get rid of the mouse quickly, i dont like them in my house either! Glad you all had a great thanksgiving, sounds like you had all sorts of meats!

    ReplyDelete