Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ballerina's First Hair Cut

Isaac decided to cut the boys' hair today. Jadzia started asking to have her hair cut and at first we gave her the usual no. You see Jadzia was born almost bald and stayed that way for the first two years of her life. At the first sight of hair I put tiny side pony tails in her hair and they were so small I had to point them out to people (if you look super close at the picture below you might catch itty bitty pony tails sticking out the side of her head). A couple of months ago Jadzia started back up the habit of twirling her hair in her sleep. This practice would leave her hair in small knots that could only be undone by cutting them out. The biggest problem was she only did this on the left side of her head.
I fixed the problem by braiding her hair every night but the problem became as her hair grew the left side was significantly shorter. Half the hair on her head was two inches longer. I had been unwilling to cut her hair because it had taken so much work and patience for her to have enough that people weren't thinking I dressed my little boy in a pink dress. I was afraid if we cut it we'd be back to people thinking she was a boy. Finally I came to the conclusion that making it even would be best and maybe it would grow better and faster. With my agreement Isaac set to work and gave Jadzia the only haircut she's ever had in her entire three years of life.
Isaac was very patient with me as I stood nervously watching and adding every few seconds "Not too much." I was prepared for tears as I watched my daughters hair fall to the seat of the chair. But they did not come because Isaac turned her around and I saw she had an even cut for the first time since she'd pulled her hair out. She was adorable and still looked very much like a little girl.

Before (this was actually two months ago after she first pulled the left side out but I had to change my camera battery before Isaac started cutting her hair so this is the best before I have).
After:
I then did a little photo shoot with her. She recently got an entire ballerina attire. She assumes every time I put this on her that she is going to go to ballet class even though I've explained to her the costume is just for fun. But I got some cute pictures of her.

1 comment:

  1. awww i think her haircut is totally adorable! She still very much looks like a little girl, good job Issac!

    ReplyDelete