Friday, November 19, 2010

The Pegasus and the Dragon


Laughter is said to be the best medicine and if this is the case then we have a lot of healing happening around here. The kids are always making me laugh over something they say or do. Today's adventure was the Pegasus and the Dragon. Xander had received a dragon for his fourth birthday, it was his yearly build a bear animal. Jadzia had gotten a stuffed Pegasus the last time she had tests done at the hospital.
Lately they have been making up fantasy stories with these two stuffed animals. The pegasus is the Dragon's baby. The only thing I can think of as to why is they both have similar wings and the noses look a bit a like. I was deeply entertained today as they put on their show of the dragon having to go on a quest through mountains to rescue his baby Pegasus daughter from the evil gorilla king.
A new development to our Thanksgiving festivities is that my husband has requested I forgo turkey this year and instead make duck. I have never eaten duck before let alone cooked it. I have no clue what I am doing but my husband's happiness is a priority for me so I'm attempting it. I'm sure it will turn into an ordeal that I will find humorous in future years. We have a church dinner on Sunday where we will have turkey so we will not miss the tradition.Tonight I went to the store and picked up the above said duck. After pondering in the store and trying to register all I need to do to cook the duck I came to the conclusion another shopping trip will be in order. One I have no idea what or how to cook the duck. Second it hit me what other foods do your serve with duck. I guess stay tuned in a few days to come for my mishaps of duck making and most likely the calamity of my endeavor.

2 comments:

  1. I"m interested on how that duck turns out, definately inform us! Love the pictures like always, especially the last one of Inera, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll for sure let you know how it goes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete