Monday, February 7, 2011

Aliens and a Dancer

I currently just got done looking at my weather app and it is saying it is currently 1 degree outside with a wind chill advisory and a prediction of the nightly low being -8 degrees. I believe it because on my way to and from Speech class I froze. This cold goes passed the discomfort of feeling cold. This cold bites at you and seems to chill you thoroughly within seconds. My heart goes out to the homeless man Isaac and I saw Saturday.
This man only had one leg and he was in a wheel chair on his lap he carried a back pack. We were in the region of town where many of our city's homeless people stay. Isaac told me this is because there is an area there that has pretty good coverage from the biting cold. Still my heart sank when I saw -8 and my thoughts drifted to that man's survival. I'm praying he finds coverage tonight. I feel very blessed to be sitting in my house feeling the warmth of a toasty 71 degrees. I'm thankful my babies are safe and warm in their beds. God has been good to us.
I am making a birthday cake for Isaac. He sometimes reads my blogs (usually if a title catches his eye) for this reason I will not elaborate on the details of the cake. I am going to chronicle the making of this cake so if you read within the next day or two you may see either the success or fail of Isaac's birthday cake. I say this because it is probably the most extensive cake I've ever attempted to make.Ronan had an evaluation today. It seems he's met most of the developemental goals we set for him in August. The only one he hasn't reached yet is walking everywhere but I'm content with the fact he can take independent steps between objects and can climb a few steps. He's made great strides since August. He's also shown more of an interest in being included in games with the big kids and his cousins. If they are playing with legos he'll crawl over and play with legos with them. Jadzia is my dancer and this is the little display that took place in my kitchen this afternoon. Funny thing is the only music was in her head.
I'm not sure why but the boys love to pretend to be something else when I want to snap a picture of them. The something else usually involves some sort of face distortion. In this case they were being aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment