Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Potatoes, Take one

Inara's food pallet has not been expanded much since I posted the blog about her first bite of solids. Since that first bowl of cereal she has had a couple of bites of applesauce, a small bowl of rice cereal and then today she took around 2 ounces of sweet potatoes, which she loved. She is still very content just nursing and still sleeps around 10 to 12 hour periods at night. She is definitely not lacking in the weight department.
The realization that she will be 8 months in a week seems surreal. By nine months they usually start recommending they have three meals of baby food a day and slowly work towards table foods. I'm still not too worried as I'm assured she is getting adequate nutrition and as her doctor puts it she is the picture of baby health. I think we will still slowly work up to table foods and I am confident by her first birthday she will contently be chowing down on her birthday cake."Hey mom, I don't share Ronan's hippo phobia."
The kids were going to get their sailor hats and pins at church today but their teacher was sick so I don't have any pictures of those as I had planned for tonight's blog. As they say always be prepared so instead enjoy these cute couch cuddlers.And Jadzia's goofy face followed by Landon who looks much more grown up than my mind perceives him to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment