Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flu and more Flu

I apologize if this blog ends up sounding disillusion. I've had a fever for most of the day and kind of have a distorted view on things at the moment. This is actually day 4 for me and the worst. I thought I was better yesterday but it hit me again this morning. Isaac started yesterday and last night I was on the computer when I heard him barreling down the stairs. He sounded out of breath and was stumbling a bit. He could barely talk and was grabbing his chest.

He managed to tell me his chest, jaw and arm were hurting bad. I made him pop two aspirins. My mom sat with the kids while I rushed him to the ER. I almost called him an ambulance but he insisted on me taking him. When we got there they rushed him back. His heart rate was extremely high. They took him around through the back way because some of the people had been waiting for three hours to be seen. But chest pains are always given priority and for this reason he was seen immediately.They gave him an IV because he was dehydrated and took some blood work. The nurse swabbed his nose to check and see if he had caught the flu. All the blood work came back fine but he tested positive for Influenza B. We now knew which strand all of us had. When they had called me about Ronan they just said he had the flu and didn't elaborate. The doctor did set up a referral to a cardiologist for Isaac to get a stress test. Since Isaac's heart rate had shot up so high he wanted Isaac to be follow-up and make sure he was really ok.
They released him and we went to the 24 hour Walgreens to fill his Tamaflu prescription. I also picked up a bunch of Gatorade and 7Up which both Isaac and I have been living on today. I was doing ok for most of yesterday but I woke up this morning with an intense sore throat, bad cough and a general sense of weakness and body ache. I changed the babies and fed everyone. Xander and Jadzia have stayed in their pajamas all day because I haven't insisted them changing like I normally do. This is why Xander is in the same clothes as he was in yesterday's blog. Today just had to be a pajama day.

Thankfully Ronan is back to himself and has color in his cheeks again. He does have a lingering cough but is playing and eating as usual. Xander has still not gotten it and his flu shot seems to have been the only one to have worked. Landon will be coming home Friday as long as everyone is on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment