Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Party

Despite being up late and giggling in their beds until midnight last night the kids were up bright and early. We had a special breakfast and watched a cartoon dolphin movie. The movie held the kids' interest through about half of it then they were ready for a party. They opened their treat bags and ooed an awwed over everything inside.
Once the excitement wore off we started the cup cake making process. I let the kids make them by themselves. I just gave the instructions, helped measure and handled the workings of the oven. Xander is my little chef and he does great at cracking open eggs and he doesn't drop any of the shells in. He's very talented for a four year old. Xander, Caleb and Hannah all got a turn doing some part of the cupcake process.
Can you tell they poured the batter?
While we waited for cupcakes to cook and cool we made heart shaped dogs out of construction paper. After a short time I cooled the cupcakes in the fridge and we had a pizza lunch. By the time lunch was over the cupcakes were cool enough to decorate. Each child got three cupcakes to decorate anyway they wanted. The cupcakes concluded our Valentine party and sleepover. My sister in-law arrived to pick up her kids and their mountainous assortment of treats.
Isaac and I went out for a Valentine date. Our dinner was free thanks to my coupon skills. I had a coupon combined with a gift card I'd received for free through a promotional event. It pays to sign up for local business clubs and deals. We have had many free date nights for this reason. We still have more to go. We're going to see a movie but it's awhile until it starts and I needed to feed Inara again. Even though the night is not over that's all for today.

1 comment:

  1. Awww sounds like you guys have had a great day, and i hope it continues to go well! The cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete