Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My New Laptop

Today I got a new laptop. I had had one about a year back but it had been a free promotional lap top for a course I had signed up for. The laptop had lasted about a year and then gave up on me. I've missed having one for times kids were in the hospital and when I had Inara. Since I've been doing school online Isaac decided to get me a new one. I was very excited when it arrived this afternoon.
I needed the pick me up as I am going on day 5 of this flu bug and today has been pretty rough. I've had 102.5 temp and Tylenol has brought no relief. I went to the doctor only to be told since I'm nursing there's really nothing they can do for me. 5-7 days is average for this thing so I'm hoping day 6 will go much better.

I've been doing the basics for the kids. Xander has been a great little helper and brought me anything I asked him too. Xander also drew me a picture of a gingerbread boy to make me feel better. A really cute moment from Ronan today was when I had a pillow and blanket on the ground and was laying down so I could rest but still keep a close watch on the babies who were playing on the floor.

I'm not sure if Ronan could sense I didn't feel well but he laid his head on my pillow and faced me. He then reached his hand over and gently patted my shoulder about five times. As he got up he gave me a big kiss on the cheek and then started playing again. I was very touched by his sweetness. That's all I can manage to think of today. I'm waiting for Inara to realize it's bed time then I'm going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment