Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gigi's Gala

Today I woke up feeling more like myself and I knew we were finally well enough and the Gala was a go. Isaac was going to be the photographer for the Gigi's playhouse gala so it was important we arrive. My mom was watching the kids and she also did my hair for me. She's always been good at up dos. She's always styled my hair from high school events to my wedding.
The Gala was a formal event. I wore the dress we picked out the other day and Isaac wore his new tux. He looked pretty stylin. I learned that it's a bit difficult to walk on ice in high heels. I was grateful for my husband's supportive arm. Isaac started taking pictures right away in order to get his light settings right. He's only been a photography student for about six weeks now so he's still trying to figure out all the settings on his camera.Isaac and I both had the chicken for dinner and it was quite delicious. I enjoyed the sauce best it was very creamy and smooth. There were parfaits and chocolate cake for dessert. I dove right for the chocolate cake first. The rest of the event went pretty well. A picture of Ronan was included in one of the videos. I was excited to see my baby on the big screen. Ronan's OT was also at the event. It was neat to see her there. She's been Ronan's OT since a few days after he came home from the NICU. Overall the event was a lot of fun and a wonderful celebration of individuals with Down Syndrome.
When we arrived home my mom informed me that Jadzia did a little baking while I was away. Apparently Jadzia had placed her lego made cake in the oven. My mom did not realize this and put dinner in the oven. A short time later she smelled an obnoxious stench and traced it to the oven. There melted all over the oven was various colored legos. There never seems to be a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment