Monday, February 14, 2011

Clifford the Big Red Dog

The morning started off with the discovery that Ronan had learned to not only undress himself but also launch all his blankets out of his crib. The child had to have been freezing. As you can tell in the picture below his disposition was less than thrilled with his predicament. Moments before this he had been happily standing in his crib giving me all his toddler charm through a big toothy grin. The tears were let loose when I didn't immediately release him from his mesh prison.
Xander kept up his funny antics for the majority of the morning. He is determined to make a video that is worthy of winning a trip to Disney world. The stakes were raised when I was informed it is actually a Disney Cruise. Mommy suddenly became a tiny bit more motivated to aide Xander in his video efforts. Somehow I think launching a baby bottle across the room and pretending you are tripping over Ronan's therapy chair just aren't going to do the trick.Isaac is the type of man that buys me flowers randomly. There will be absolutely no holiday in sight and he will bring me flowers home. Major holidays he usually doesn't do anything and it never really bothers me. I mean having a man who randomly out of the year showers me with flowers and gifts is awesome and much better than him feeling obligated because of a holiday. I love the surprise and the fact the only reason is because he thought of me that day and wanted me to feel loved. I expected nothing today on Valentines Day and it didn't bother me. But he surprised me again and brought me flowers. They were beautiful. I was particularly fond of the big orange one. He's a good guy.
The day Xander had been waiting for for the last two weeks had arrived. He was going to get to see Clifford at the library. It was Clifford's birthday and Dan Wardell (the host for the kids programs for our state PBS station) was reading stories. Jadzia went too and my brother brought his wife and kids. In the room the event took place there was a big mat that had the alphabet all along the edges. Dan told all the kids to stand on their favorite letter. Jadzia very loudly yelled out "My favorite letter is W!" Next Dan asked the kids to stand on the letter of their first name. Jadzia yelled out again "I love W. I want to stand on W." After that Dan told the kids to stand on one of the books. Again Jadzia yelled " My favorite letter is W. I want to stand on the W."
Dan read the kids the story about how Emily Elizabeth got Clifford. As he was getting ready to start the next story Clifford walks in with his arms raised in the air and the kids went wild. Dan read another Clifford story while Clifford pantomimed the story. Dan was great about getting the kids involved in the story. At the end the kids got to form a line to get pictures with Clifford. Jadzia refused and was too scared. My mom was there so she held Jadzia and took her to see Clifford. Jadzia was still unsure. Xander ran right up and got his picture with Clifford. We snapped one of Xander, Jadzia and my niece and nephew together.As we were walking out the door. Dan looks at Jadzia and says "I'll always remember you as the W girl." With that she runs over and gives him a hug and says "I love W!" I took a picture of her with Dan and at the end he said. "Goodbye W girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment