Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Comfort of a Nose

Ronan went to the doctor for a weight check and he's back to where he was before. He had another bad asthma attack last night and we were up until early morning. I had his doctor check his lungs and they were clear so it seems it was just an asthma flare up. He seems to be doing ok tonight. We're still waiting on his Endoscopy results which I'm finding strange we haven't gotten them yet.

They tested him for Celiac disease since children with Down Syndrome are prone to having it. I'm not completely sure it would show up anyway since he hasn't really been on table foods. In order for Celiac disease to be detected you have to have been exposed to gluten for a certain amount of time.
Jadzia and Xander built a massive fort in the living room and they spent most of their morning under blankets. They played cave people and Xander was a dinosaur. I heard Landon's name mentioned a few times. Xander especially is starting to miss him. Landon told me today he was having fun and that he had made friends with two little twin girls.

I had Biology class tonight. We learned about the interesting process of cell respiration. The entire process takes seconds but is very complex. Our teacher had some of my classmates put on a skit of how cell respiration works. Yes this blog is pretty short without too much excitement but not everyday can be full of intrigue. Look who is still awake.This is my fault. Ronan had been in Inara's bed briefly this evening and he chose that opportunity to have a blow out. The mattress was washed and sanitized. But when I went to check on Inara her bed still had an unpleasant odor. I had no desire to leave poor Inara laying on a bad smelling mattress for the rest of the night. I tried to move her quietly but of course she was none too pleased to be messed with. I scrubbed the mattress pretty well. Then I left the room to make sure I hadn't just become accustomed to the odor. A short time later I returned and the smell had dissipated. Now Inara's nose can sleep comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment