Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Double Helix

Oxygen day #1 fizzled out a bit. I realized last night that we had no tape. For the first night I was going to wait until Ronan was a sleep and then try and slip on the oxygen when I could snuggle with him to help him get used to it. By the time I got ready to try and put the oxygen on him it was really late. I picked up tape today as well as extra pulse-ox probes. We're going to give this oxygen another try tonight. I think once we make it through a night with him keeping it on at least half of the time I'll lose a lot of my apprehension about it.My babies are back. The three big kids arrived back this afternoon. My mother in-law's neighbor gave Jadzia a bag full of hand me downs. There are some nice summer clothes for her and even a little tutu leotard outfit.
Landon gave me a huge surprise tonight and I again have no clue where he learns half the things he knows. He picked up Inara's new rattle and showed it to Xander. He pointed to the middle of the rattle and said "Xander, this is like a double helix. It looks like our DNA." I was taken completely by surprise. Not only did he know the terms double helix and DNA but he was right. The middle of the rattle did look like DNA.
Here is Inara waving to our turtles. She loves to watch the turtles swim. She is growing so fast. I'm still trying to fathom the fact she is turning 1 in about six weeks. My tiniest baby is becoming a toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment