Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First Lake Walk of the Year.

Inara is ten months old today! She is cruising everywhere. She can stand for about three seconds and can say around eight words in context. We're moving more into solid foods though her main source is still from nursing.Last night was rather intense. Xander spent the majority of it on the couch crying and holding his neck. Every time he tried to lay down he would hurt more. When he was asleep he whimpered through his sleep. Around 7:00 am I finally gave up on sleep for the night and we got up for the day. Xander was still pretty sore but doing better since he was up walking around.
Ronan's case manager that coordinates his services and helps me with things I might need concerning Ronan stopped by. She came to check on him and see how he was doing. The kids were a bit rambunctious and proceeded to empty toy drawers in the midst of our meeting. Jadzia had a few dramatic moments but all in all it went well. It was nice to be able to carry on an adult conversation.

Next on the agenda was Landon's six year check up and since I was headed in anyway I figured we'd get Xander another check. Landon weighs 50lbs and is 47 inches. He is in the 75th percentile for his age in everything. He's going to be tall like his daddy. He checked out fine and is right on track for everything. The pediatrician looked Xander over and thought it was still a pulled muscle. She told me to alternate heat and ice and push the Motrin. She told me if he's not any better by Monday he needs to be seen again.
His neck is still tilted and I think it may be worse. His doctor showed me some exercises to do with him but obviously the pain makes it so he doesn't want to move it all. We're working on a little at a time and hopefully the adjustment on Friday will further his recovery.A no sleep night warranted mommy nap time. I put all the kids down and I crashed for the afternoon. When I got up I fixed dinner and then Isaac was nice enough to hold down the fort so I could take a walk. I brought Landon along so he could get some energy out. The trail around the lake is exactly two miles long which makes it a good walk to burn calories. Landon has too much energy. He loves to run the whole thing. I have to give him places to stop and slow down for me. For instance I'll tell him "You can run to the blue sign then you have to slow down so mommy can catch up".Maybe in a few weeks I'll be in shape enough to run it with him. On the way Landon stopped every once in awhile to observe the ducks in the lake. He always has to make a pit stop at the tree door. Last year when you opened the tree door there was a piece of paper inside that stated it was from a troll and went on to explain the magical properties of the tree door. Landon was disappointed to find the note gone and I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone claimed the note or stole it. We walked the entire two miles, well I walked swiftly and Landon jogged.
Now I'm ready to get the kiddos in bed and get some school work done and maybe watch a movie with my honey. I'm hoping Xander will fare better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment