Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lion Love

I have a thing about drinking fountains. I won't go near them or let my children use them. For as long as I can remember I have had this excessive need to avoid them. I got to thinking that it could have stemmed from when I attended a small private school in elementary. All the children would put their mouths right on it and other unmentionable things. But for whatever reasons I despise drinking fountains and perhaps it's nothing more than a pet peeve of mine. Tonight in Biology class I set out to prove my point that drinking fountains are festering pits of bacteria.We were allowed to take samples of whatever we wanted using sterile swabs. We swabbed our specimens (mine were the spout of the drinking fountain and the classroom door). After collecting the samples we promptly put them in special gel inside petri dishes. Our professor is incubating them over the weekend and on Tuesday we get to see all the bacteria our samples have grown. I was quite proud of myself and how I would prove my drinking fountain theory until Isaac brought up a valid point that has the potential to smash my dreams. He said "Watch the cleaning lady probably came along and cleaned the fountain right before you got your sample".
Inara is in love with a lion. She has stolen Ronan's lion walking toy. The hippo walking toy has to have pretty low self esteem right now. First Ronan is afraid of it and now Inara has no desire to play with it. She would much rather kiss the lions light up nose, talk to the lion and walking across the room with the lion's help. She stayed pretty close to the lion all day. She got brave at some points and only held on with one hand as she walked.

Grandma is always pretty creative when she sits with the kiddos. They took empty water bottles, baby cheeto containers , construction paper and duct tape and made recycled rockets. The rockets kept them entertained all night until I returned from class.

I received a phone call from Xander's Gi doctor with his test results. I missed it but he's supposed to call me first thing in the morning. I feel nervous but I'm trusting God will take care of whatever the results are. If he does have Celiacs we'll take a deep breath and figure out where to go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment