Monday, April 25, 2011

Second Sleep Study

Ronan's sleep study went pretty well. He even left the oxygen in for the most part. His favorite part was getting to snuggle with mommy all night. The only two pictures I have are awful because the room was completely dark and I didn't want to wake him with the flash. If you want to see more clearly how he looked you can review his last sleep study here.

He slept through the night with only a couple restless moments but with wires and devices on near every inch of your body whose going to sleep perfectly. They woke us up at 6:00 am to get us out by 6:30. As I walked in the door at home I heard Inara greeting me to an early morning. She was pleased to have mommy back.I figured we might as well tackle the mountainous pile of laundry that Easter weekend left neglected and thus got started on the day. Ronan had some stridor so I canceled his home therapy appointment. I called to check on the big kids. They've enjoyed playing outside and having a playdough play date with neighbor twins.

I spent the afternoon running around getting paperwork completed for a program Ronan is in. I'm changing to a different type of program. I'm hoping this will be a good change. One down side is he has to have a new case manager and I really like his old one. I wish we could transfer her to the other program with us. If this program doesn't turn out as well I can switch back to the old one.Late afternoon I got a call from the nurse telling me the doctor determined that having Ronan on 1 liter of oxygen at night would be best. This is a much better plan than the trach. They will be bringing his setup tomorrow and I'm sure this is going to take me back to the Ronan NICU days.

Isaac fell down the concrete steps at our back door. He twisted his ankle. Now the poor guy is limping every where. Hopefully he'll still be able to do everything he needs to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment