Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Popsicle Diet

Today was the day for my orthopedic appointment about my wrists. The doctor thought maybe I had carpel tunnel but he wants me to try an anti-inflammatory for two weeks and then have me return. The only issue is he isn't sure if the medication is ok to take while nursing. He wants me to call my OB and ask if I can nurse while taking them. If my OB says no then I'll have to wait until I'm done nursing Inara and then make a return appointment which is still a few months away.

Inara got to go to the appointment. She doesn't get out too much so it was a treat for her even though she slept for more than half of it. She did enjoy a little time outside playing in the grass. Xander was on a strict clear liquids diet today. This consisted of basically 7up, Popsicle and chicken broth. The diet was in preperation of his tests at the hospital tomorrow. Maybe we'll finally get to the bottom of his blood work and stomach issues.
Xander liked the Popsicles and mainly the blue and green ones. For this reason he walked around with blue lips and a blue tongue. Overall he did pretty well and we only had one crying hunger episode and that was soothed with yet another Popsicle.
"What is this, Mom?" Inara's new favorite thing is to point at everything she sees. She will continue to point until I tell her what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment