Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stiff Neck

I was feeding Inara this morning when I heard Xander screaming upstairs. I heard footsteps and saw Landon appear around the corner. "What's wrong with Xander?" "He poked his eye." Landon said simply and the proceeded to get his own breakfast. I put Inara down and went upstairs to check on Xander. He was sprawled on the floor unwilling to move. He said his neck hurt. After interrogating him to make sure he hadn't fallen I carried him downstairs.Isaac decided to take him to the chiropractor because he was crying and screaming at every movement. The chiropractor didn't want to adjust him without an x-ray so we made an appointment with his pediatrician for late afternoon. Ronan had his cardiology appointment. They did an EKG, x-ray and heart ultrasound. All came back normal. The doctor said his heart looks great and not being harmed by his apnea.

I got a call from Xander's GI doctor telling me Xander's biopsies showed positive for Celiac's disease. Celiacs disease is something I've been suspicious of for awhile. I believe Jadzia has it too and it would explain all the problems she went through when she was little. To confirm the diagnosis they needed blood work to see if he has the gene for it.I went and got the rest of my teeth filled. I got a different dentist and she was new. She didn't topical numb and just jabbed me without warning. Then she numbed the wrong place because I still felt the drill and up the entire left side of my face it tingled like when your foot is asleep. I missed the last dentist with him I felt nothing not even after pain when the numbing wore off with her I felt everything.

With a numb face I took Xander to his appointment. The doctor's best guess was he pulled a muscle. By this time his head was leaning to the left and he wouldn't straighten it. The doctor took an x-ray just in case. After being sent home we took him back to the chiropractor. He gently adjusted him and Xander was calm.I ran right to class after getting home. When I got home Xander was in more pain. I noticed the back of his neck looked weird. I barely touched it and he screamed and cried for about twenty minutes. I had found the pain point and it was bulging from his neck. My guess is a very swollen lymph node and a possible confirmation of the ear infection the chiropractor had suspected. Now he is laying on the couch crying still. I have to take Landon in for a 6 year check up tomorrow morning. I think Xander might be going back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment