Saturday, December 4, 2010

Builder by Inheritance

Isaac is a builder and officially has the title of carpenter. He went to school and graduated to receive that title among other titles. But most of the skills come natural to him and he held the building talent long before he ever stepped foot in a classroom. He can fix just about anything around the house from windows to heating issues.I've never met anyone else who can skim over a book and then instantly know in detail how to do what the book says. He won a baby/daddy contest at a baby convention of several hundred people. They left the contest open to all dads that passed by over an eight hour period. The idea of the contest was to see which dad could assemble the baby gear the fastest. This was when Xander was a baby so he still had limited experience and some of the equipment we'd never used. Isaac was able to put everything together faster than all the men and he won the grand prize. He was interviewed by the radio station and they asked him if was an engineer.
Isaac's skills of piecing detail together began with legos. He had buckets of legos and due to his need for organization the legos were put in containers according to their color. I know this to be true I've seen the containers personally. Xander has seemingly inherited this ability. The boy can build anything you ask out of legos. I wish I'd gotten a picture of when Xander was two he built this huge, amazing helicopter out of lego blocks. Today he was building various robots and asked me to take pictures of a few of them.
I love coupons and clubs that give you coupons and free things. I'm part of the Build-a Bear club. They send me coupons for free animals and outfits a lot. Today I received one for a free stuffed animal so Isaac and I had our date night and picked up Inara's first stuffed animal. She now has a build a bear. Eventually I'll probably get a pink dress for the bear. Also for our date because of my coupons we got free chic fila and discount Coldstone icecream. A date on a budget. A sure sign that Ronan is now cruising is his new black eye. About three weeks after his black eye from his surgery he gave himself a new one by pulling himself to stand on a chair. His had slipped and his eye met the base of the chair. Poor baby a day later his eye looks like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment