Thursday, December 23, 2010

Toy Downsize

With the coming of Christmas cometh new toys. Today became out with the old to make room for the new. I miss our Missouri days when we had a playroom. The house here is smaller and there is no playroom. This means all the toys are confined to the living room and in order to be able to have new Christmas toys we must down size the toy inventory we already have. Trying to talk a 3, 4, and 5 year old out of their existing toys is a very complicated process.
They finally relented a trash bag full of toys as they focused on thoughts of new Christmas toys. I think we should be good to go. The toy box is only half full now. I also took this opportunity to organize their toys into groups and put them in separate totes inside the toy box so things will be easier for them to find.Tonight I dare to head out amongst the crowds once again and battle the long lines all in the name of Christmas Dinner. I plan to get a few Christmas treat projects to make with the kids tomorrow for Christmas Eve. I think I'm going to let them open their game board presents tomorrow so that we can have a game night tomorrow night. Maybe I'll pick up a kid's movie or two so we can snuggle up under blankets and enjoy the evening together.The snow storm we were supposed to get this morning has been postponed until midnight tonight so I'm making a list to ensure we are stocked up in case it is as bad as they are saying it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment