Friday, December 17, 2010

Wrapping Paper and Race Tracks

Reversible wrapping paper. Something very simple but I love it. I have a thing about color coordinating my kids' presents or in this case pattern coordinating. I love the fact I can buy three rolls and all five of my kids' can have their own unique wrapping paper type. I suppose I'm easily amused.Iowa is humid most of the time and very much so compared to my dry homeland Colorado. But the winters in Iowa bring dryness with them and for Xander that means the worst case of dry lips I've ever seen. I've tried all kinds of chap-stick brands, and a load of suggestions but have found no relief for the poor kid. Anyone have any good ideas?
Tonight I got a little time out for myself. Yesterday I was running around all over to various stores to pick up presents. Tonight I went to pick up two Hot wheels race car tracks for Landon. A Hot wheels race car track is all he's been asking for this year. They can run pretty pricey for the elaborate ones he likes. By taking a friend's suggestion I searched Craigslist and came across a person selling two tracks. I got him Hot wheels Octoblast and Serpent Cyclone for $20. The man had them set-up and showed me how they worked. I can't wait until Christmas morning. Landon is not going to believe the coolness of these tracks. I can see hours of entertainment being obtained by these tracks. My only problem now is how do I wrap up two fully assembled tracks. I think a big bow may have to suffice because I refuse to dismantle them at this point.The above picture is Landon washing his head, an obsession of his today. Some reason he thinks he has to have his head clean for Christmas. I tried explaining Christmas is a week a way and received the following response." Good I think I can have my hair clean by then"After the track stop I did my grocery shopping and enjoyed having time to think. I'm still planning on organizing the porch tonight and thanks to my generous husband I have a space heater so I don't freeze while I organize.

No comments:

Post a Comment