Wednesday, December 22, 2010

For the Love of Wrapping Paper, footballs, and Race Cars

A few weeks back I wrote a blog called Paper Toilets in which I described my children's love for paper towel and toilet paper rolls. Once you grasp how much they really love those items you can picture the look on Xander's face today when he ran down stairs to find two used up rolls of wrapping paper. He found himself jumbo sized toilet paper rolls. He ran around the house playing with them the majority of the morning.After a couple of hours he spotted a couple of rolls with wrapping paper still attached and tried to convince me to free the rolls from the paper surrounding them. I told him they were to wrap presents so he went and gathered a few of his toys and said he was wrapping his old toys for himself. He was very disappointed when I told him he would be unable to gift himself items he already owned and that I need the rest of the wrapping paper for my own use. He settle for the promise of getting the rolls once I use up the paper.
Inara has a new love. She absolutely adores a yellow inflated football. The football has little bumps all over it and she loves to run her hand over the bumps. This toy kept her busy for most of the day. It's also a good crawling motivator since it rolls she lunges and scoots forward to get to it. She is also doing much better at sitting up. She sat up for about a five minute stent today and also reached forward for items without toppling over.
Landon got a new toy (new for him) and it's not even Christmas. He went shopping with my mom and he found a speed racer car. The car moves forward and backward and makes noise. They found it at a thrift store and there was no price tag on it. Landon asked the owner how much it was and since their was no price tag the guy gave it to him for a dollar. He has been happy all day and I have heard the varrrrooooom of the toy engine all day throughout the house.
I got my duplo legos!! I got the duplo table full of duplos and the tub. We should hopefully have enough so they will quit fighting about one person taking two many of the duplos. The table is going to be great storage and Xander is going to love it because it will provide a much bigger and more stable platform to build the giant duplo fortresses he strives to build. Now I am officially done shopping! I've gotten everything I need present wise. This only leaves food. I'm not going to be as ambitious as I was for Thanksgiving. I'm going to stick to what I know and make a roast with chopped up potatoes, cooked carrots and beef gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment