Monday, December 20, 2010

Gingerbread Village

Ronan had physical therapy this morning. He has been cruising for a couple of months now but for some reason he has refused to show his therapist. Today he finally cruised for her and did so pretty quickly. She said he gave her one of the best Christmas presents she could get.Ms. Inara Nerys has had her first tooth finally break through her gums. The second is following close behind. She has been working on those two teeth since she was at least four months. As soon as it's popped up enough pictures will be posted. She is in the what's in my mouth stage and has been running her tongue over her new tooth for most of the day.Today was stocking stuffer day. I stopped by Build a bear to get a few of them and while I was there I picked up an outfit for the bear Isaac and I had made for Inara a couple of weeks back. The bear was pretty plain so I thought I'd give her more of a girl look. I found a cute purple star outfit. Some of the stars are glittery and Inara loves the sparkle. She is very fascinated with the bear. I place the bear in front of Inara while she is in her jumparoo and Inara loves to touch her face and give her kisses.After I picked up all of the kids' stocking stuffers I picked up some extra groceries and as I was shopping I came across a little gingerbread village. I thought this would be good for the kids to make since they could each have their own building to make and decorate. In reflection of our last tipsy gingerbread house I decided to make extra frosting and make it extra thick.
This did the trick and their little houses held together and even withstood their decorating skills. The kids were thrilled to not have to share their houses so they could put their own styles into their houses. They turned out pretty cute.I was impressed with our accomplishment and pretty proud they were holding together. Xander didn't really care about the impresive glue quality of our frosting he was just concerned with being able to eat his house the second his last sprinkle was placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment