Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To have therapy Or not to have therapy.

Today was Ronan's new therapy evaluation. I'm going to have to seriously considered if I will go ahead with the whole thing. I love the entire concept of helping him with life skills. The problem is the place is about a half an hour away and they want to see him three times every week. This would mean I'd have to squeeze an extra six to ten hours into our week. That may not seem like a lot but between his other appointments and everything else I'm finding it hard to make it work. I need time for the other kids too plus he already gets Early Access therapy 1-2 times a week here at home.I liked the ideas within this type of therapy though especially the communication aspects. I'd love to be able to communicate better with Ronan. I'm thinking I need to find a better way to fit the program in or Ronan and the rest of us are going to burn out on therapies. The way I see it is it is important for me to give Ronan the best start possible but if he looses his childhood in all of it what have we gained? We need to find a good balance. I'm praying for wisdom.
As for the rest of the crew we really haven't done much today. The boys were excited about their new sports drinks and the fact the drinks were actually shaped like a baseball and soccer ball. Jadzia didn't care for the sports drink so she got a Strawberry shortcake drink instead. Yes, drinks were the excitement of the day. Oh that and Inara has begun to babble ma ma.Tonight I organize the living room and try and make all the Christmas toys work. In case anyone is wondering about the challenge my husband gave me a few months back I'll have more on that New Years Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment